Books

Get new posts straight to your inbox!

Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Congratulations Little Brother Steve!

It's brilliant! I have just sat in my kitchen with a large glass of my dad's sloe gin (no, that's not the brilliant bit, although it was pretty good) and watched my lovely little brother, Steve, marry the beautiful Nicky in a chapel in Las Vegas!!

It was from a webcam and it was the most romantic thing I have ever seen. My little brother was smiling from ear to ear and Nicky was giggling and the guests were wiping their eyes and I was blubbing and slugging (and shivering). It was great.

I remember when I used to carry Steven around on my shoulders for days at a time - which is probably the reason for my bad posture now - and there he is, a married man with a fantastic wife and a wonderful life ahead.

When I first heard that they were going to get married in Vegas, I was rather hoping that they would at least have an Elvis wedding, but I am now glad that they didn't. Hopefully they will have a deep-fried mars bar at some point on their honeymoon, but maybe you don't need some old geezer with a quiff crooning Love Me Tender in the background in order to be happy...

Lots of love to you Mr and Mrs Jenkin,

Lorraine.