Books

Sunday 5 December 2010

People's Book Prize!

Hello!
Now it's getting a bit serious folks - unless someone with good technical skills is playing a terrible joke, I am through to the shortlist of the People's Book Prize! I had an email from Honno to tell me that I had got through and I thought, "Yippee! Got through to what?". Then I looked on the website and there is my book, nestling alongside Andrea Levy and 13 times New York Times bestseller list, Tami Hoag. Then I went a bit pale...
What now happens is that because it is the "People's" Book Prize, the people have to decide it - basically through voting! This allows me to become the John Seargeant / Anne Widdicombe of the written word...

I would like to ask that everyone who reads this blog votes for me and my latest novel, Cold Enough to Freeze Cows. Not only do I ask that you folks please vote, but also your partner(s), your family, your colleagues, the plumber who mended your burst pipes, the bloke who's dog craps on your front lawn - everyone.

The link is http://www.peoplesbookprize.com/section.php?id=6 - you are allowed to vote for three books, but I would rather you voted for just mine as it would be a terrible shame if you all voted for another one too, and that one turned out to be the winner instead...

I thank you in advance, and in the meantime, I shall open myself a few thousand email accounts and get busy with those...