Books

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Back fat and Llandrindod Wells

Hello! I didn't manage to get here last night as I had decided that I wouldn't be able to make it to Ron's Fitness Club in the village hall as I was unfit. I know that that is the whole point, but the thought of embarrassing myself in a pair of dusty Ron Hills and brilliant white trainers was more than I could take.

I felt ashamed as I have never not done anything before because I didn't feel fit enough, so I thought I would have a bath. It didn't really do the job as at the end, I thought that the water had gone out much quicker than usual until I went to stand up and gallons of the stuff that had got stuck in a resevoir behind my back fat poured out. In hindsight, I should have gone to Ron's.

Never mind, a day in Llandrindod reminded me that life was still good. We fed the ducks, Maude ate my luxury ice cream and indicated that I was allowed to eat her mini-milk instead, then went face first down the slide(that'll teach her).

We watched two trains come in, which killed another four hours, and then caught the bus home. Because Huw is away, we were allowed to eat mince for tea without having him retching in the background - although I still maintain that he'll have it cold in a sandwich one day...

Lorraine x