Books

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Eight hours in a car...

Hello!
Having returned from a weekend away with the family to see my cute little nephew's christening, I realise again how lucky I am. In having Huw as a partner, there is always something new to learn. This weekend it was driving. Despite having passed my test for competancy twenty years ago, I now realise that I have been doing it all wrong all this time. Luckily I had eight hours in a car to be taught the correct way.

All is steaming ahead with book number two. My brother is reading it for continuity, mistakes and glaring No No No's and is ever so gently telling me where it doesn't sound right. Sometimes I forget that this is the same brother who used to balance piles of books on the top of doors and then call me into the room...

We've got the plumbers in to finally mend our leaking radiators. So, there is lots of singing, doors slamming and general destruction. I am freezing, sat at the kitchen table with my files stuck in the room that they are destroying. Never mind - a bit of catching up on Facebook will always be a good use of my time - a better use of it than yesterday mind when I spent most of the day trying to squash a particularly annoying blue-bottle...

PS anyone walking through WHSmith - go to October's "Writing Magazine" and see if you can recognise who is featured as this month's top new author!!