Books

Monday 6 July 2009

A Day in the Life...

Sometimes things happen that epitomise our lives - this week it struck me that I had a few of those moments...

We had to buy something for our daughter for her school uniform and found that the nearest stockists were about an hour and a quarter away (take note those looking to open a new shop), so after a great deal of faffing, we set off and arrived, starving, at about half past two. We decided to go for some lunch and found a nice little place that did a good bargain meal for the children. It turned out to be a three-course bargain meal for the children and another bargain offer was to buy two beers and be allowed to take home the lovely beer glasses - big old carved things that the brewery were obviously throwing out. Realising that we weren't going to be able to go anywhere before all three courses were scoffed, we said, Why Not, to the beers and settled down to enjoy them.
By the time the girls had finally finished wiping their ice cream over their t-shirts, we realised that the beers were about a fiver each, which more than covered the naff glasses - which turned out to be one glass. Although I was very tempted to shove the second one in my bag, I didn't and I was soon pleased, as the thing that we were given is too tall to fit in any of our cupboards. Well done, Cafe Ask, top marketing strategy.
Oh, and the thing we went to buy was sold out, and on the way home a friend said we could borrow hers.

The second thing was in relation to my bad back which we didn't think was being helped by our cheap matress, which is so knackered that one lies in a little pit. Huw bought a lovely one that comes in a box and unfolds in situ. Great - apart from the fact that I did my back in dragging the damn thing up the stairs...

And the third one was a blinder - but, I've forgotten it, and it's nearly 11pm. However, I am sure that you get the drift...