Books

Friday 17 July 2009

Eating Blackbirds Lift Off!!

At last! We have the lift off of Eating Blackbirds!

It's all hotting up and this afternoon I'm speeding (well, driving in second gear) up to my publishers to fetch a big box of books, so I'm very excited to be able to see the book in the flesh! I want to Up the marketing, so am doing a "book signing" at the Royal Welsh Show next week - aisle D, The Welsh Book Council, 12 - 1 p.m. If you are in the Show, I'll be the one sunk up to my knees in mud, mumbling from a wet book and shivering - I might even be in lycra, you never know...

Last year, the travelling and parking for the Show was a nightmare and people were sitting in a traffic jam until midday, so I was nervous about how I might actually get there by 11.30ish to sort myself out. So, I decided to walk - it's only 5 miles after-all, and after having spent years happily being able to manage thirty miles a day over the Brecon Beacons, I was sure that a few miles along a smooth road would be a doddle. However, as time was ticking I was getting a bit nervous.
Therefore I was highly relieved when I somehow managed to wrangle myself onto no other than Jamie and Louise's morning programme on Radio Wales for Tuesday morning! Apart from the excitement about getting on the programme (http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/radiowales/sites/jamieandlouise/ tuesday at some point between 9.30 and 10.00 ish!) it also meant that the walking wouldn't be possible (there was much rejoicing!). However, the down side is that I might have to dig my old bike out of the barn, scrape the bird sh*t off the handlebars and see if I can lift my leg high enough to swing it over the saddle. So I am hoping that there isn't a webcam for the show, as I'll probably be perched on the edge of my chair, red, sweaty and dressed in a tigger outfit, as I mistakenly pushed it into my saddle-bag thinking it was my most dynamic animal print top.

I'll let you know how it went...

Lorraine.